Dogma of artistic constraints according to DB:
- A keyboard based grind album.
- Drum beats - either recreated from Discordance Axis albums or recordings of jackhammers, recorded one piece at a time
- Kurzweil (Badalamenti appropriate) and MIDI instruments only for drums and other instruments
- Backmasking “voices from
the underworld”, Bob as the devil/ One-Armed Man.
- In conversation with Log Lady
- Dick Burrill’s philosophy: channelled song/ channelled lyric. First take is best.
- Vocals recorded in one take over the telephone with live effects - stream of consciousness improv without having heard the music previously.
- One anomaly - a pop song.
- Take three liberties.
What does it all mean?
» READ MORE