The Preserving Machine by Lanark
THE PRESERVING MACHINE adds to the well-received albums of reworkings of classics by Argentian composer and musician Lanark. Some would argue this album is his finest. Once again, he is humble about his talents, this time attributing the compositions to insects and machines.
He writes, "How to preserve music from oblivion... Put the sheet music on the machine. Wait. An insect or similar kind of animal is produced. Let it live and transform. Put it back on the machine. Wait. A new sheet music is produced. Play it. (over an idea by Philip K. Dick)"
Lanark's compositions for this album are based on:
1. Polovtsian Dances (A. Borodin)
2. Nocturne in Eb (F. Chopin)
3. Adagio in G (T. Albinoni)
4. Gnossienne No. 3 (E. Saite)
5. Hungarian Rhapsodie No. 2 in C# (F. Lizt)
6. In the Hall of the Mountain King (E. Grieg)
7. Badinerie (J.S. Bach)
The Preserving Machine
The Preserving Machine by Lanark is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 International License.