“Film Soundtrack” (Used 15 times)
ange on 03/29/2013 at 12:46PM
This is Snoop Dog's favorite Music for Video collection, because it's perfect for drizzle.
A mix of mellow, reflective and moody songs, perfect for watching Spring rainstorms outside your window. It's like lying upside down off the edge of your bed thinking about someone far away. Like walking home early in the morning, after sleeping somewhere you shouldn't have, while the streets are still wet. It's a mix that makes you want to throw away all your adderall and start feeling again.
2. Podington Bear (website, CC BY-NC) - There is an entire world and an epic tale within this song. If you like this, then you might also like the huge library of instrumental albums Podington Bear offers for non-commercial use. Contact the artist for more permissions.
katya-oddio on 03/08/2013 at 01:00PM
Members of the international avant-garde collective Apskaft worked together to create a soundtrack for Battleship Potemkin, one of the most important films of all time. The soundtrack is now hosted by the Free Music Archive.
Battleship Potemkin (Russian: Броненосец «Потёмкин», Bronenosets Potyomkin) is a 1925 silent film directed by genius filmmaker Sergei Eisenstein and produced by Mosfilm. It presents a dramatized version of the 1905 mutiny when the crew of the Russian battleship Prince Potemkin rebelled against their Tsarist regime officers. Battleship Potemkin [IMDB] is considered one of the most important silent films and one of the most influential propaganda films. It was named the greatest film of all time at the Brussels World's Fair in 1958. The film continues to be a standard in film courses for Eisenstein's emphasis on montage, his depictions of violence, his stress of intellectual contact, and his treatment of the masses rather than the individual as protagonist.
Each scene of the film was scored by Apskaft artists and can be viewed with the full-length film after the jump and at the Internet Archive. An Apskafters e-magazine also accompanies the release of this soundtrack.
starstudios on 02/07/2013 at 06:21AM
Star Studios is an Oklahoma City based indepentent studio for Star Trek fan films. We are providing sets and props free of charge for anyone who wishes to produce their own Star Trek fan film. The studio is part of an association of fan film producers that has a good working relationship with CBS/Paramount who own the Star Trek franchise. Fan films are not allowed to make money from their productions, therefor the budget for most productions is very limited and all the time and labor is a tribute to the Star Trek series.
All of the productions need music for their shows. Star Studios would like to start a collection of music appropriate for Star Trek TOS (original series) shows. Anyone willing to donate their music will be fully credited on our website and in each show it is used in. Star Studios will also provide a link from our website to any donating artist site that would like one. Remember, all music needs to be in the TOS style.
1. Instumental only.
2. Preferable Orchestral although not limited to it.
3. Loops/electronic tracks are not appropriate to the era.
These are only general guidlines as each production will choose their own music.
Anyone interested in help the project can contact us through our website, http://www.starstudios.net/contact.html. Visit our website at www.starstudios.net.
ange on 12/29/2012 at 10:00AM
For our latest Music for Video selection, we offer a wintery mix of instrumental tracks perfect for your projects. The first half features a light dusting of gentle piano sounds full of nostalgia As the mix grows into a full on blizzard, the tracks turn more dissonent and stressful, like a tree heavy with ice leaning over your roof. We hope this free mix helps kick off an exciting new year of projects.
1. Plurabelle (website, CC BY-NC-SA) - Synth music for watching the snow fall. Plurabelle is a Bucharest musician who finds inspiration in books, and his latest album is inspired by the Tom McCarthy novel Remainder.
2. Dexter Britain (website, CC BY-NC-SA) - A song so epic and full of feelings that it elevates the emotional significance of any footage or dialoge you place alongside it. This track is a producers 6-minute long fantasy, and the tour de force of a true soundtrack master. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available on Britain's website.
3. Aestrid Byrne (website, CC BY-SA) - An elegant and thoughtful song written and performed on toy piano from Byrne's room in a Santiago clinic. Because her room could not accommodate a baby grand or upright piano, the toy piano was a tool-of-circumstance. She died in 1998, one month after making her album Laterna.
katya-oddio on 11/17/2011 at 06:15PM
TSS Tortue Super Sonic has released, exclusively at the Free Music Archive, a deluxe version of his album B with a few new titles. B was originally released last year as a gift to a limited audience of TSS fans.
This new 17-track album, B 2.0, is made up of production music, also known as stock music or library music, and is pre-cleared for use in video, radio and other media under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license. The range of these TSS instrumental tracks includes spy movies, blaxploitation flicks, action scenes, and Westerns.
Give the album a listen to see how it might work for your A/V project. Enjoy the entire exclusive release here at the FMA, where you can also contact TSS for commercial use inquiries. A sampler of tracks from B 2.0 follows.