An Hour 13- Michael Parsons - Part 1 by Ophir Ilzetzki
An Hour is Ophir Ilzetzki's self-produced broadcast dedicated to shedding light on composers of contemporary music who are not commercially oriented.
Programs usuallly revolve around a specific topic or composer and include occasional interviews, analysis or merely a casual conversation, but mainly and mostly music.
An informal conversation with the English composer Michael Parsons, which took place on the 5th of March, 2010 in the London home of the composer Michael Parsons on Wikipedia- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Parsons
The Scratch Orchestra Constitution- http://eveessex.com/scratch/index.php?/project/the-constitution/
The music featured on the program-
1) Michael Parsons- Piano Piece February 2002 (excerpt) performed by John Tilbury & Michael Parsons on 2 Pianos*
2) Cornelius Cardew- Paragraph 7 from The Great Learning (excerpt)
3) Michael Parsons- Apartment House Suite performed by Apartment House, dir. Anton Lukoszevieze (violin, cello, clarinet, trombone, mandolin, piano, percussion). Conway Hall, London, 14 June 1998
4) Michael Parsons- Piece for harp & string quartet performed by Apartment House. Conway Hall, London, 4 June 2002
5) Michael Parsons- Levels for 16 open strings performed by Post String Quartet. The Warehouse, London, 2009
*From the CD- Michael Parsons, Piano Music 1993- 2007 played by John Tilbury. Copies of this CD (including original cover design by Trevor Clarke) can be ordered through Experimental Music Catalogue: www.experimentalmusic.co.uk
An Hour 13- Michael Parsons - Part 1 by Ophir Ilzetzki is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives (aka Music Sharing) 3.0 International License.