“Landarico Two Versions” (by Judith Cohen)
Performing live at the Golden Festival with her daughter, Tamar Ilana (also lead vocalist of Ventanas), Demetrios Petsalakis (oud; Ventanas) and Geoffrey Clarfield (oud, hand percussion).
1. La muerte del Duque de Gandía - Turkish Sephardic romance (narrative
ballad) - the opening lines of the ballad. Judith Cohen, a capella
2. Ansí se me arrimó: Moroccan Sephardic wedding song. Judith Cohen vocals and derbukka, Tamar Ilana (daughter), vocals and frame drum, Geoffrey Clarfield, frame drum
3.a. Landarico: narrative ballad. Two versions:
Version 1: Moroccan Sephardic: Judith Cohen, a capella
3.b. Version 2: Tamar Ilana, vocals; Geoffrey Clarfield, oud; Judith Cohen: frame drum
4. A Padeirinha. Portugal. Judith Cohen, lead vocals and frame drum; Tamar Ilana, vocals and frame drum
5. Hija mía, te vo dar: Turkish Sephardic song, husband-selection dialogue between mother and daughter.
Judith Cohen: vocals and derbukka; Tamar Ilana: vocals and frame drum; Geoffrey Clarfield: oud
6. O que buena que fue la hora: Balkan Sephardic wedding song. Judith Cohen and Tamar Ilana: vocals; Judith Cohen: derbukka; Tamar Ilana and Geoffrey Clarfield: frame drums
7. Dobro doshli, lane moje: Bosnia. Judith Cohen and Tamar Ilana, vocals
8. Coplas de Purím (Sephardic from Salonica): Judith Cohen, vocals, derbukka: Tamar Ilana: vocals, frame drum; Demetrios Petsalakis: oud; Geoffrey Clarfield: frame drum
Landarico Two Versions by Judith Cohen is licensed under a Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.