“Street Musicians” (by J. Koho)
Field recordings from Rishikesh, India, recorded by J. Koho (known from Vapaa, Kulkija, The Free Players, Uton, etc.) during 21-30 Sep 2007 & 5-6 Oct 2007 in various locations of Rishikesh.
Record contains 16 tracks of different kind of music:
• Blind man with his wife playing flute and drum everyday while incenses are burning on a small cobra altar
• Holy men and woman playing and chanting 24h/day in a dark room of one ashram
• Song from a woman who was just walking around and singing
• Old man and his "disciples" singing and playing harmonium & tablas
• Obscure temple music that sounds like recording from this "new weird" scene
• And more spiritual music, chanting and obscure sounds
Street Musicians by J. Koho is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 International License.