1. Art is not a representation of the world or an expression of feeling, but a construction of form
2. Nature is flawed; art is more perfect than nature
3. Art is therefore a parable of the redemption of the world
4. Art is tradition; it opens the future by renewing the past
5. Art is the occurrence of the new; metaphysics trails in art’s wake
6. Art may be true or good to the extent that it seeks only the beautiful
7. Didactic-ism is therefore the enemy of art. Bad art is not harmless; it is a betrayal of the world.