Music is not in crisis. Industry does. We dont care about an hypothetical inverse relationship between economy and free music, but this has been a wonderful year for netaudio.
The amount of good music and reliable netlabels is growing, so, to support and to recognize the work of some of them we have made this selection invited by the FMA.
Together with the other half of INQ, Piotr, we have dig our 2010 folders to point at 10 remarkable songs, artists, netlabels, that have fed our minds and souls with their mind and souls. Of course we could have extended this selection to a hundred tracks but we considered this is enough, mainly because there are more 'Best Of' selections over here on the FMA to discover.
Track order has been carefully selected for a better experience.
We hope you enjoy it.
Mikel & Piotr /// INQ
Cover image courtesy from Tanya.
1. Maps & Transit - 'Ponds' (www.camomillemusic.com/)
2. Sustainer - 'Diametro' (escalared.com/)
3. Werken - 'Now I See' (www.zymogen.net/)
4. Solid-M - 'Molecular Gateway' (spontan-musik.de/)
5. Emil Klotzsch - 'Pine' (emilklotzsch.bandcamp.com/)
6. Monokle & Galun - 'Happy Sun' (www.12rec.net/)
7. Sutekh - 'The Glorious Day Has Dawned' (www.antipop.net)
8. Emanuele Errante - 'Rettifilo' (www.laverna.net)
9. mon0 - 'Lighting Between Worlds' (www.silentseason.com/)
10. Aless - 'I'm Mobile' (distancerecordings.com/)
First mix to start our INQ-FMA collab.
Here i collect bunch of remarkable tunes that have been playing in my stereo lately. Some very recognisable names such as Jan Jelinek, Ran Slavin or AGF/Delay, with some emergent artists like Muhr, .at/on, Blamstrain or Lazzich.